May 7th - 11th: POWERSCHOOL Progress /Grade Report will be printed and given to students this week (by Fri) and must be signed by parent(s) and returned for a 5 pt HW grade by Wed, May 16th.
Mon May 7th:
- In Class: Begin "mini-chapter" 12: Probability (all Ch 12 HW due next Monday, May 14th... along with Notes packet... "big quiz / mini test.")
- HW: 12-1 pg. 635 #11-21odd, and 12-2 pg. 641 #13-31odd (Due Mon May 14th)
Tue May 8th: (short classes, modified chapel schedule)
- In class: Finish 12-2 and start 12-3 Notes (WS pg. 711 & 713)
- HW: 12-3 pg. 648 #19-49 EOO, 64, 65-69 odd
Wed May 9th: (short classes, modified chapel schedule)
- In class: Notes on 12-4 and 12-5 (WS pgs. 717-18, 723-24: Mult or Adding probabilities)
- HW: NONE (it's Wed) :) (but know that your Notes packet will receive a QUIZ grade, your final quiz grade of the semester... due on Mon May 14th)
Thu May 10th:
- In Class: 12-6 Notes (WS pg. 729 & 735) Note: 12-7 won't be on the "qu-est."
HW: 12-6 pg. 667 #15-25odd Note: Mrs. Ragle's birthday is tomorrow (you may bring treats to share).
Fri May 11th:
- In Class: Ch 12 Review for "Qu-est" (big quiz/ mini test) on Monday.
HW: Review Questions from Extra Practice (in back of textbook). TBD.
- Collect old Algebra 2 tests from Jan - May. (1 quiz point extra credit for each you bring to class on Monday). Get parent signature(s) on PowerSchool print-out... Due Wed 5/16/18.
"REVIEW WEEK" - May 14th - May 18th:
Mon May 14th:
- In Classs: Ch 12 "Qu-est"
- HW: Ch 7/9 Test Re-take BY WED, May 16th at 4pm. Final Review Packet.
Tue May 15th:
In Class: DIAGNOSTIC TESTING (Precalculus Readiness).
HW: Ch 7/9 Test Re-take BY WED, May 16th at 4pm. Final Review Packet.
Wed May 16th: (35min classes, modified schedule)
In Class: Turn in parent signature(s) on PowerSchool print-out. Standardized Test Prep WS's review.
HW: Ch 7/9 Test Re-take BY TODAY at 4pm. Final Review Packet.
Thu May 17th:
In Class: Standardized Test Practice Review (old HW WS's, passed back... go over questions), and/or begin Final Review Packet.
HW: Final Review Packet.
Fri May 18th:
In Class: Final Review, final questions. See you next on Wed for your Final Exam. :)
HW: Final Review Packet, bring to your final exam day along with 2 pencils, a calculator and a positive attitude. :)
Mon Apr 30th: Practice w/ Inverse & Parent Functions (in class) HW: 7.7 quiz corrections (due on Wed); Finish Khan Academy (if not yet); Graphing Transformations WS (Due Fri)
Tue May 1st: Go over 7.7 Quiz, 9.5 WS, more practice with Inverse & Parent Functions & introduction to word problems. HW: Function Word Problems WS (Due Fri)
Wed May 2nd: 7.7 Quiz Re-take and/or Ch 7/9 Practice Test. NO HW.
Thu May 3rd: Go over practice test questions, last chance to ask questions before Test tomorrow.
Fri May 4th: Ch 7/9 Test. Notes & all HW DUE for this chapter. HW: TBD
Mon Apr 23rd: 9.4 Notes In Class HW: 9.4 WS (pg. 535 #1-15 odd & pg.536 #1-6 all
Tue Apr 24th: 9.5 Notes In Class (WS pg. 545 & 541 #1-9 HW: 9.5 WS (pg 542 #1-9 all. You may wish to use a graphing calculator and/or desmos.com for assistance).
Wed Apr 25th: NO CLASSES... Community Service Day. (NO HW)
Thu Apr 26th: Chromebooks in class - Khan Academy Possible QUIZ THUR OR FRI.
Fri Apr 27th: (minimum day... possibly 5th period will meet) Possible QUIZ THUR OR FRI.
Mon Apr 16th: 7.7 (A) Notes In Class (Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide Functions)
HW: 7.7 (A) pg. 387 #17, 19 and 21 (Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide) DUE FRIDAY!
Tue Apr 17th: 7.7 (B) Notes In Class (Composition of Functions)
HW: 7.7 (B) pg. 387 #23, 27-41 odd, 58 and 59 EC: 43 & 45 DUE FRIDAY!
Wed Apr 18th: Composition of Functions In Class Review / Activity
NO NEW HW (7.7 and 7.8 HW DUE on FRIDAY!)
Thu Apr 19th: 7.8 Notes In Class (Inverse Functions)
HW: 7.8 pg. 393-394 #15-35 EOO (every other odd), 46, 47 and 49 DUE FRIDAY!
Fri Apr 20th: QUIZ on 7.7
Classwork: Khan Academy on Graphing & Verifying Inverses
Unit 2 Review WS (Due Monday) Changed to Khan Academy homework... 5 topics assigned (4 questions each for most). Also, finish the Mathematics II: Factorization Unit Test (assigned on March 22nd, WAS DUE APR 3rd)
APRIL 2018!!! (Wow, two months left til summer... hang tight... we're only one week into our ONE QUARTER REMAINING!) 8 weeks of school... 3 more chapters of math and a Final Exam!
MON Apr 9th: 9.1 & 9.2... HW Quiz; 9.3 Notes in class (Graphing Rational Functions HW: 9.3 pg. 489 #17-33 odd, 52, 53 DUE DAY OF TEST
Also, Individual Corrections on Partner Factoring Quiz (each partner's corrections will be graded individually). DUE THURSDAY, day before test!
TUE Apr 10th: 9.6 Notes in class HW: p.510 #11, 13, 17, 23, 25, 27, 42 and 43 DUE DAY OF TEST
WED Apr 11th: Questions on 9.6 HW in class and Ch 9 Practice Test. NO NEW HW.
THU Apr 12th: In class: HW Quiz on 9.3 & 9.6 then Ch 9 Review. HW: p.513 #7-23 odd, 33-37 odd DUE DAY OF TEST
FRI Apr 13th: CHAPTER 9 TEST!!! NOTES & ALL CH 9 HW DUE TODAY! Weekend HW: TBD
Apr 3rd - 6th:
MON Apr 2nd: NO SCHOOL
TUE Apr 3rd: 9.1 Notes in class HW: p.476 #15-41 odd DUE DAY OF TEST
WED Apr 4th: 9.1 Notes continued in class (will help with last half of 9.1 HW) NO NEW HW.
THU Apr 5th: 9.2 Notes in class HW: p.482 #15-39 EOO DUE DAY OF TEST
FRI Apr 6th: QUIZ on 9.1 and factoring; HW: Finish 9.1 & 9.2... HW Quiz on Monday
Week before Easter Break:
Mon Mar 19th:
In Class: 7.1 Intro &amp; Review of Factoring Notes
HW: "Old Dudes" Intro to Polynomials WS &amp; (continue 6-3 Solving by Factoring WS)
Tue Mar 20th:
In Class: 7.3 Harder Factoring (using synthetic division and u-sub)
HW: Select problems from Factoring Using All Techniques WS (DUE FRI, Mar 23rd)
Wed Mar 21st:
In Class: Partner Activity then... Small factoring quiz (individual)
Thu Mar 22nd:
In Class: Khan Academy (2 videos in class, then two Practice sets)
HW: On Khan Academy... Unit Test of Factorization (DUE by TUES Apr 3rd before 7:00 AM) and start on 48 questions FACTORING WS (counts as 15 points... value of 3 HW assignments), DUE WED Apr 4th in class. Show work on separate paper and attach.
Fri Mar 23rd:
In Class: Large Quiz on all types of factoring.
HW: See Thur for details and due dates... Factorization Unit Test (on KA) and FACTORING WS (all 48 questions).
A BLESSED EASTER TO YOU.... HE IS RISEN!!!!!
Ch 8 Plan & Homework:
Ch 6 Recap
SAT practice Test
Section 3 (25min)
Section 4 (55min)
|In-Class||Intro to Conics - Activity (No HW)|
P.411 #1-3 all
Pg. 414-415 #10-14 all, 25-31 ODD, 54-57 all
8.3 Day 1
|8.3 Circles WS (Day1)|
8.3 Day 2
|8.3 Circles WS (Day2)|
|8.4 Ellipses ON KHAN ACADEMY|
8.1 & 8.3
HW Quiz on 8.1 & 8.3
|Parabolas - ON KHAN ACADEMY (no foci or directrix)|
Hyperbolas - ON KHAN ACADEMY
Ch 8 Review in class (Practice Test)
8.2, 8.4 & 8.5
HW Quiz (no quiz) & Questions on Practice Test
Ch 8 Notes & HW attached to HW Log all DUE!
Ch 8 TEST!
Thu 3/15/18 KHAN ACADEMY... FACTORING REVIEW (in class)
HW: Factoring WS &amp; Google Classroom videos & QUIZ (Due on Monday)
Fri 3/16/18 MINIMUM DAY (periods 1 - 4 only, no math)
Ch 6 Plan & Homework:
Pg. 291 #15-25 odd
(use HW template WS)
Pg. 291 #33-43 odd
(use HW template WS)
Pg. 298 #21-31 odd
(use HW template WS)
(on binder paper) Pg. 304 #15-27 odd, 35-43 odd
Pg. 311 #15-37 odd
Pg. 318 #15-25 odd, 29-33 odd, 49-53 odd
HW Quiz 6.1-6.3
Pg. 326 #15-31 EOO (every other odd), 39-45 odd
Imaginary #’s WS
HW Quiz 6.4-6.6 (in class)
Review Complex #'s HW (in class)
HW Quiz 6.5 & 5.9 (in class)
Review Pg. 336-339
#11-49 odd, skip #35 & 47
Ch 6 TEST (Part 1)
Thu 2/15 Ch 6 Test (Part 2)
Fri 2/16 SAT Practice and/or Quadratic Equations Word Problems
Jan 22 - 26:
*Check Google Classroom and/or Khan Academy for helpful links, videos and/or practice sets. Especially helpful for students who miss class to catch up.
Jan 22 (Mon):
- REVIEW in class 5.4-5.6 Ask ?s on past HW
- QUIZ on 5.4-5.6 in class (finish for HW)
- "My Math Grades" - 3 paragraph assignment DUE TOMORROW!
Jan 23 (Tues):
- "My Math Grades" - 3 paragraph assignment DUE TODAY!
- 5.7 Notes in class (Day 1)
- 5.7 HW (part1): p. 261 #21-31 odd
- HW Quiz 5.4-5.6 in class
Jan 24 (Wed):
- 5.7 Notes in class (Day 2)
- 5.7 HW (part2) p.261 #35-43 odd (start in class... due Fri)
- NO HW
Jan 25 (Thu):
- Review past Ch 5 HW in class
- CH5 REVIEW HW: p. 276-279 #11-53 odd
- STUDY FOR TEST tomorrow
- ALL Ch 5 Homework AND Notes are DUE DAY OF THE TEST... FRIDAY!
- HW Log with ALL Homework attached (if missing an assignment, your HW Quiz grade will replace the HW grade... whichever grade is HIGHER will be kept.
- Finish all Ch 5 homework & Ch 5 notes (if you missed class, get from a classmate or Mrs. Ragle and write by hand into your notes journal)
Jan 26 (Fri):
Ch 5 TEST (5.1 - 5.7)
Notes journal DUE day of Test (today)
(turn in Notes Journal and all Ch 5 Homework attached to HW Log)
HW Log with ALL completed HW attached (if missing an assignment, your HW Quiz grade will replace the HW grade... whichever grade is HIGHER will be kept.
- Weekend Homework... DUE MON: Ch 6 Pre-requisite Skills p. 285 #1-20 all
Jan 16 (Tues):
- 5.4 Notes in class
- 5.4 HW: p.242-243 #15-39odd, 45-49odd
Jan 17 (Wed):
- HW Quiz on 5.1-5.3
- 5.5 Notes in class
- NO HW
Jan 18 (Thu):
- HW Quiz 5.1-5.3 (in class)
- 5.5 HW: p. 248 #29-35odd, 41, 45-49odd, 55
- 5.6 Notes in class (Day1) - Radical Expressions (Multiply & Divide)
Jan 19 (Fri):
- 5.6 Notes in class (Day 2) - Radical Expressions (Add & Subtract Radicals, plus Multiplication & Division of Binomial Radical Expressions)
- 5.6 HW p. 254-255 #15, 17, 21-45 odd
- Get HW 5.4 - 5.6 ready... HW Quiz on Tuesday!
Posted on Tue, May 8, 2018
by JH/HS TEACHERS